Monitoring with sensors and Artificial Intelligence of the elderly in Madrid Region
In this new implementation, we have gone to the Madrid Region where there is also a clear vocation to improve the quality of life of elderly people living in rural environments.
What are the fundamental bases of this new monitoring project with sensors and Artificial Intelligence?
Once again, this is a project model based on three fundamental points:
- Support for elderly people living alone in their rural environment.
- Increasing their security so that they can stay at home for as long as possible.
- The connection with their relatives, even if they live far away, and with carers in their local environment.
The caregiver is the person of reference in each of the villages where the system has been implemented.
This not only offers the security provided by technology, but also the social, emotional and face-to-face support of these caregivers. Only in this case, the system gives them clues about the evolution of the elderly and their needs on a daily basis.
In addition, the simplicity of the system means that each kit can be installed directly by the carers, adapting the places and objects to be monitored to the reality of each person and home.
What benefits does Kwido offer?
With Kwido’s technology, we offer several benefits in this type of project:
- Scalable platform, which can cope with the incorporation of a large number of users.
- Systems that are very easy to install, configure and maintain.
- Low number of devices to be installed in each home and no technical requirements.
- Low-intrusive system, where users do not have to carry anything with them.
- Very cost-effective platform, to be able to reach many homes with a low investment per home.
- Fully customisable system for each home and person, allowing you to choose the type of sensors (movement, vibration) and the places and objects to be monitored in each case, according to the routines of each person.
- Adaptation to homes where more than one person lives or animals are present.
- Incorporation of all the necessary connectivity, without the need for wifi connection in the home.
- Access via smartphone app for caregivers and family members to know the daily activity, and whether it is in line with the usual routines.
- Use of Artificial Intelligence to detect important changes in people’s behaviour.
We are talking about a geographical area of 649.4 Km2 and a population that currently exceeds 27,100 inhabitants for this project.